Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Surprise Sell


Sunday evening I got a call from Riccardo Davenport. Riccardo runs a gallery out of his home and for a long time showcased some of my art there. I had recently removed my art from his gallery because one he had not sold anything in over a year and a half and two, he wasn’t doing anything with the business.

Okay, back to the call. Riccardo informed that he had someone who wanted to buy the painting you see at the left (Click it for a larger view). He said the buyer was at his house now with the money on him. Mind you this is 11:30 in the evening, I am down for the night and Riccardo’s place is miles away and he wants me to bring the painting there by 12:00. So taking everything into consideration I said “okay, I’ll be right over”.

I got $200 for a painting that I did over ten years ago and that I was tired of looking at. It was money I needed bad and that came out of nowhere. I like surprises like.

No comments: